Monday, July 21, 2014

Lake of Glass

As I made my way back from Wyoming to spend some time exploring the Denver area, I camped for a night at Arapahoe National Recreation Area, a reservoir just to the west of Rocky Mountain National Park. I got up early the next morning and drove Trail Ridge Road--the highest continuously paved road in the United States with a maximum elevation of 12,183 feet--through the park, stopping to gawk at numerous views along the way.

I continued on to the Glacier Gorge area of the park where I hiked out to The Loch and then on to Lake of Glass before heading to the suburbs north of Denver for the night. The trails in this popular part of the park were more crowded than I would have liked but the scenery was unbelievable nevertheless especially a few miles beyond the trailhead where the crowds thinned.











No comments:

Post a Comment