Wednesday, July 31, 2013

July in Austin

Going away makes me appreciate where I live all the more. As great as it was to be on the road, this summer in Austin has been incredible too. When I got back in early July, I made a list of places in and around Austin that I wanted to see before school starts up again. I've been making pretty good progress checking them off.

This month, I've been to Mount Bonnell, the highest point in Austin, on a stormy night, famed Barton Springs (numerous times), shiny and eccentric downtown Austin (also numerous times), dry but still stunning McKinney Falls State Park, and magical Krause Springs in Texas Hill Country.

The summer heat is intense, inescapable, and exhausting but these destinations--especially the watery ones--make Austin an irresistible oasis in the desert.

Mount Bonnell






Barton Springs







McKinney Falls State Park

















Downtown Austin











Krause Springs








No comments:

Post a Comment