Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Return to Chaco

I've been back in Texas for a few weeks now, but haven't gotten around to writing about my spring break road trip. That's hopefully about to change. The entries will be short, but laden with pictures.

This post tracks my second visit to Chaco Canyon in less than three months. It was Saturday, March 8. The day began in Los Alamos, then went west across the elk-filled mountains (and caldera) of central New Mexico.

My dad and I reached Chaco late in the morning. We first stopped at Pueblo Bonito then hiked the nearly four mile trail past the Super Nova Pictograph to the Panasco Blanco ruins. From high above, the view down the canyon likely looked much as it did when the land contained an empire.



























No comments:

Post a Comment