Saturday, January 7, 2012

Lafayette and Boulder

The view from my cousin and her husband's house in Lafayette, Colorado is one of the greatest yard views I've ever seen (first three pictures below). I could get used to waking up every morning and seeing mountains on the horizon. I had dinner there on Thursday night and stayed over with my cousin's in-laws, who live about a mile away.

On Friday morning (after she had worked the night shift at the hospital), my cousin, her husband, and I drove to Boulder, Colorado and had breakfast at a space age cafe called Snooze. I had the hot, delicious homemade granola, which my cousin commented was appropriate because the people in Boulder are known for being very "granola." There looked to be numerous delectable eateries in Boulder, considered by some to be the foodie-capital of the world.

After my cousin headed home to go to bed, I wandered the streets of Boulder for an hour and then drove through the University of Colorado at Boulder campus before leaving for Colorado Springs. Boulder is indeed a rather hippy city, but I liked the vibe. I thought the rules for Pearl Street, the pedestrian area where many shops and restaurants are situated, said a lot about the city.

I walked into a few stores and everyone was super friendly (if a bit more eco-conscious than me). The woman behind the counter at one apothecary I ventured into (NOT a marijuana dispensary, I should probably note) offered me a complimentary cup of simmered mineral vegetable broth, which turned out to be surprisingly tasty.








No comments:

Post a Comment